What is Emanera caps. 20mg x 28 and what is it used for:
“Gastroesophageal reflux disease” (GERD). This is a condition in which acid from the stomach returns to the esophagus (the tube that connects the throat to the stomach) and causes pain, inflammation and heartburn. This medicine is used to:
- treat the esophagus if it is damaged or inflamed,
- stop the recurrence of ulcers related to these bacteria,
- relieve the unpleasant symptoms that often occur in these conditions.
Ulcers of the stomach or upper intestine (duodenum) that are infected with a bacterium called Helicobacter pylori. If you have this disease, your doctor may prescribe this medicine in combination with some antibiotics to:
- treat the duodenal ulcers caused by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori,
- prevent the recurrence of ulcers associated with this bacterium.
Stomach ulcers caused by drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
This medicine is used to:
- treat stomach ulcers caused by NSAIDs
- prevent stomach and duodenal ulcers if you are taking NSAIDs
Long-term treatment to prevent re-bleeding ulcers with intravenous esomeprazole.
Too much stomach acid caused by pancreatic enlargement (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome).
How Emanera caps 20mg x 28 looks like and what the package contains:
The body and cap of 20 mg gastro-resistant hard capsules are light pink. The capsules contain white to almost white granules.
The capsules are available in boxes of 7, 1, 15, 28, 30, 50, 56, 60, 90, 98 and 100 capsules in blisters and in plastic tablet containers with 98 capsules. Do not swallow the capsule with dryer, which is placed in the container.
Not all pack sizes may be marketed.