What is Lanzul caps. 30 mg x 28 and what is it used for:
The active substance of Lanzul is lansoprazole, which belongs to the group of proton pump inhibitors. Proton pump inhibitors reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Your doctor may prescribe Lanzul for any of the following indications in adults:
- Treatment of stomach and duodenal (bowel) ulcers;
- Treatment of inflammation of the esophagus (reflux esophagitis);
- Prevention of reflux esophagitis;
- Treatment of heartburn (burning behind the sternum) and acid regurgitation (return of stomach acid from the stomach to the esophagus)
- Treatment of infections caused by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori in combination with antibiotic therapy;
- Treatment or prevention of gastric or duodenal ulcers in patients on long-term therapy with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (NSAIDs are used for pain and inflammation);
- Treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Your doctor may have prescribed Lanzul for different indications or with a different dose than what is written in this leaflet. Please take your medicine after consulting your doctor.
You should consult a doctor if you do not feel better or your condition worsens after 14 days.
What Lanzul caps. 30 mg x 28 looks like and what the package contains:
White gelatin gastro-resistant capsules. Each capsule contains white to pale brown or slightly pink gastro-resistant pellets.
14 gastro-resistant capsules, hard of 30 mg
28 gastro-resistant capsules, hard of 30 mg